Scott R. Clark Innovation for Soldiers Award
The Scott R. Clark (USMA 1985) Award is given to one Projects Day project. The award winner will demonstrate an innovative approach to solving a problem of direct application to the Army. The donor states, “This gift is to encourage cadets to demonstrate for soldiers, innovations which can benefit soldiers.”
The ARC will evaluate projects summaries for selection to compete on Project’s day based on the following criteria:
- Impact of the innovation to the soldier.
- Scope of the Innovation (number of soldiers impacted).
- Significance of the innovation (evolutionary vs. leap-forward).
- Impact of the innovation to the Army.
- Submission content (Submission must provide paragraphs A through E as specified above).
2020 Clark Award
"Soldier Power Augmentation Readiness Kit"
CDTs Hunter Ball, Hannah White, Jack Farrington, Mike Hamilton, and Nolan Pearce - Departments of Civil and Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Team Advisor: Dr. Rebecca Zifchock
Previous Years’ Winners
- 2018 - Last-mile Optical Communications (LOCO) - Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science CDT Seth Cannon, CDT Hevin Na, CDT Peter Shares, CDT Alexander Soler, CDT Joshua Tate Team Advisor: LTC Kirk Ingold
- 2017 - The Alvey Combat Ball - Department of Civil and Mechanical Engineering Cadet Eugene Alvey, Team Advisor: MAJ David McCarthy
- 2016 - M249 Reduced Recoil - Department of Civil and Mechanical Engineering Cadets Cameron Hargis, Ryan Meyer, Drury Milke, Team Advisors: MAJ Brodie Hoyer and LTC Richard Gash
- 2015 - Heat Pipe Cooling Shirt - Department of Civil and Mechanical Engineering Cadets Ioannis Wallingford, Zachary Lee, Tyler Sowell, Brendan Mckinley, Sarah Lowe, John Beck, Erin Kelly, Jason Rho, Joseph Samuels, and Zachary Glass Team Advisors: LTC Michael Benson and MAJ Daniel Fox (the team has begun patent proceedings for this project)
- 2014 - West Point Exo-Skeleton - Department of Civil and Mechanical Engineering Cadets Ryan Polston, Brandon Zwank, Adam Hamner Zachary Reichert, and Meagan Latimer Team Advisors: DR Becky Zifchock and MAJ Amber Walker
- 2013 - Diagnostics on Demand Device - Department of Chemistry & Life Sciences, Cadets Christopher S Wallace and Erik L Hunstad. Team Advisors: J Kenneth Wickiser, PhD and James Loy, PhD
- 2012 - Electric Field Gunshot Detection – Department of Civil and Mechanical Engineering Cadets Benjamin Poth, José Ramirez and Matthew DiBasilio. Team Advisors: Dr. Özer Arnas, LTC Bret Vanpoppel and MAJ John Evangelista
- 2011 - STITCH – Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Cadets John Rollinson, Anthony Rodriguez, James Raub, Michael Weigand
- 2010 – DemonEye – Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Cadets John Eischer, George William Hopkins, Derek Lee Wales Advisors: LTC Greg Kilby, Dr. Wenli Huang, and LTC Bob McTasney
- 2009 – Weapon Activated and Controlled Turret – Department of Civil and Mechanical Engineering Cadets Thomas Anderson, Nathaniel Clark, Wesley Kotz, Briana Stremick