Center for Teaching Excellence
U.S. Military Academy Campus License (for use by all USMA faculty)
Respondus® is an offline editing tool for creating and managing tests and surveys that can be printed to paper or published directly to your Blackboard course. Exams can also be easily converted from Microsoft Word files for use in Blackboard or downloaded from Blackboard for formatting and printing. Regardless of your experience level with online testing, Respondus can save you significant time on each project.
*Respondus has made.some significant user design changes in version 4.0.8. While these changes don’t require retraining, or even new thinking, on the part of current users, everything pretty much works the same, it's definitely a cleaner, more modern look. Here’s an example of the old and new Start screens:
Before you begin...
View a Respondus 4 demo video.
- The Respondus® installer is available to all faculty from the Windows Company Portal. Setup information is available below.
- Additionally, when Respondus first opens, you will need to choose Blackboard from the drop-down menu as the application "personality."
- Finally, the complete User-Guide for Respondus® for Blackboard is located here.
This new version of Respondus will login to usma.blackboard.com using your login ID and password.
- The use of this application is restricted to USMA faculty and staff.
- Our campus license will only work with this download.
- Please call Patrick Gill at 938-4670 or e-mail him (email@example.com), with any questions.
There's no faster or easier way to create online exams than with test banks from more than 20 of the leading publishers in higher education. If you are using a textbook from one of these publishers, there are over 5,000 ready-to-use test banks available to you from the Respondus Test Bank Network .
What's New in Respondus 4.0.8*
This update includes major enhancements, including the following features:
- A new Media Wizard makes it easier to add images, audio and video files, and to link to content on external web servers (e.g. YouTube and Picasa)
- The Question List on the Edit tab now includes context menus with options such as preview, edit, delete, move, and more
- Question Lists now offer an “Expanded View” that displays a full-screen version of the list of questions
- The Import task now allows importing of Ordering, Jumbled Sentence, and Fill in Multiple Blank question types
- Printing includes new features to control randomizing of questions and answer choices
- Campus-wide license users can now update their annual license information at any time using File > Update License
- A number of bug fixes were also included in this update. Note that the online help and user guides were updated to reflect the above enhancements.