Cyber Research Center
- U.S. Army Research and Development Achievement Award (only non-Army lab)
- Designated by NSA as a Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance since 2002
- 2001, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2014 and 2016 Cyber Defense Exercise WINNERS!
- Provide Officer leadership of the Special Interest Group for Security Access and Controls (SIGSAC) cadet club.
- Created an Information Warfare Analysis and Research (IWAR) Laboratory in EECS.
- Implemented a completely virtual information assurance student lab (VMWare based) in EECS.
- Helped develop the Cyber Defense Exercise between the 5 service academies.The CDX has provided the participating students with the most challenging and rewarding leadership, academic, and experiential event of their career at West Point.
- Support cadet's senior capstone design projects for presentation at end of academic year.
- Support cadet summer internships in government and academic research labs as well as with industry partners.
- Support for cadets and faculty to present papers and attend project competitions and workshops at participating universities and conferences such as BlackHat, DEFCON, WorldComp, SIGITE, HICSS, SIGCSE, FLOCON, SANS, ShmooCON, and NCUR, etc.