Before You Start Your Application
Check Your Eligibility
All applicants must meet all these requirements for eligibility:
- You must be a U.S. citizen
- See International Admissions for exceptions
- You must be at least 17 years old on the day you enroll.
- EX: For enrollment in 2019, your birthday must be on or after DD/MM/YYYY.
- You cannot yet be 23 years of age on the day you enroll.
- EX: For enrollment in 2019, your birthday cannot be on or after DD/MM/YYYY.
- You must not be married.
- You must not be pregnant.
- You must not be legally obligated to support a child.
Things To Know
- The first step for eligible applicants is to complete and submit Candidate Questionnaire (CQ).
- The CQ is an online form the Academy uses to initially screen applicants.
- Information to have ready before you begin the CQ:
- You should take the ACT, SAT, or PSAT prior to completing the CQ so your file reflects your true level of competitiveness as a candidate.
- What to expect after you complete the CQ.
- If you qualify, you will receive an email that contains your West Point Candidate Portal credentials. This process typically takes 7-10 business days.
- After completing your CQ, don’t stop there!
- If you’re a high school junior who graduates in 20YY, you should consider applying to attend our Summer Leaders Experience (SLE). Check the Summer Leaders Experience page to see information about the program and how to start your application.