The U.S. Military Academy's Coronavirus Guidance
The U.S. Military Academy has extended the Public Health Emergency aligned with the State of New York and surrounding counties. This declaration reflects the severity of the danger facing our community. Our current operations have focused on protecting the force. Our goal is mitigating the spread of the virus by following recommended preventive measures such as social distancing, frequent hand washing and avoiding close contact with sick individuals.
West Point continues to prepare to welcome back the entire Corps of Cadets and receive the Class of 2024 in a safe way in order to conduct summer training before beginning the academic year.
West Point Travel Restrictions
November 20, 2020
The purpose of this memorandum is to provide clarification on the most recent update to New York State travel guidance and how these changes affect travel and Restriction of Movement (ROM) for the West Point Community. West Point senior leadership will continuously evaluate this guidance as the COVID environment continues to change. The memorandum can be found here.
A Letter from the Dean on the Classroom Environment
August 14, 2020
Please visit this page here to read the Dean's Letter to Parents on the Classroom Environment: https://s3.amazonaws.com/usma-media/inline-images/about/Public%20Affairs/pdfs/2019_press_releases/deans_letter.PDF
Army Football Season to Commence with COVID Restrictions
September 4, 2020
West Point provides guidance on the Army football season among COVID-19 restrictions.
Click here to read the full press release.
Washington and Thayer Gates are now open from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Stony Lonesome gate remains open 24/7. Everyone entering post must go through COVID-19 screening. Information about the screening process can be found here. Screenings at Thayer and Washington Gates will be conducted only through the LiveSafe app or a printed copy of the health survey. The app can be downloaded from the App Store or the Google Play Store. Directions on how to set up the app once it is downloaded can be found here. A hard copy of the survey form can be downloaded here.
- Latest update on gate procedures and screenings
- Temporary staggered entry policy
- What to expect at the gates
West Point leadership is thoroughly reviewing plans to reopen each facility on the installation that was closed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. More facilities are expected to open as conditions in the region improve. Check here frequently for the latest information. It will be updated as services are allowed to reopen.
USAG West Point and the U.S. Military Academy require cloth face coverings in public settings where social distancing is difficult to maintain, in accordance with Department of Defense and Center for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines. All military personnel, family members, civilian employees, contractors and visitors will wear cloth face coverings on academy grounds to the extent practical when they cannot maintain six feet of social distance in public areas or work centers. More information can be found here.
Please continue to check the Center for Disease Control and the Department of State websites for updates to travel to your selected locations.
- West Point Travel Restrictions
- New York State Travel Restrictions
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Information for Travel
Confirmed canceled events are:
- Summer Leadership Experience
- All Army West Point athletic summer youth camps, both day and overnight camps, are cancelled for this upcoming summer. More information can be found here.
- All fall class reunions:
- Oct. 8-11, 2020 – Classes of 1980 and 1985
- Oct. 15-18, 2020 - Homecoming, Classes of 2000, 2005, 2010, and 2015
- Oct. 22-25, 2020 – Classes of 1975 and 1990
- Nov. 5-8, 2020 – Class of 1995
- Parents Weekend
The full community playbook for West Point's response to COVID-19 can be found here.
Information for those in quarantine:
- What quarantine means and how to be released
- Garrison commander update on gate screenings and how to be cleared from quarantine
Information for those placed into self-isolation:
- What self-isolation means and how to be released
- How to social distance to avoid COVID-19 exposure
- How to distinguish COVID-19 from allergies and seasonal illnesses
- Frequently used resources
- Lt. Gen. Darryl A. Williams, West Point superintendent, has extended the public health emergency related to COVID-19
- West Point Band updates (concert cancellations)
- Army West Point Athletic Association Event Updates
- West Point Child and Youth Services updates
- West Point MWR updates, closures and cancellations
- Commissary updates and policy changes
- Civilian personnel policies as they relate to communicable diseases and influenza
- Civilian Personnel Bulletin 6 March 2020 - Human Resources Flexibilities and Force Health Protection Guidance 2019 COVID-19 Outbreak
- Civilian Personnel Bulletin 12 March 2020 – Update Human Resources Flexibilities and Force Health Protection Guidance 2019 COVID-19 Outbreak
- Civilian Personnel Bulletin 18 March 2020 - Latest on Telework, Travel – General, OCONUS, Leave, Pay, Hiring
- Civilian Personnel Bulletin 19 March 2020 - Emergency Contact Information in MyBiz
- Civilian Personnel Bulletin 27 March 2020- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Questions and Answers
- Civilian Personnel Bulletin 30 March 2020- Civilian Duty Status and Use of Weather and Safety Leave During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Army vs University of Louisiana-Monroe
- Ring Weekend
- Thayer Award
- Fall Sandhurst