Department of Systems Engineering Majors
Systems Engineering is multi-disciplinary. DSE offers four program majors: Systems Engineering, Engineering Management, Systems and Decision Sciences and Operations Research (in conjunction with the Math Department). We also offer a Core Engineering Sequence for non-engineering majors.
- Provides in-depth study of systems engineering-applies engineering principles to understand real world problems
- Prepares cadets for the everyday challenges an Army officer encounters
- Provides the foundation for a wide spectrum of graduate degrees
- The Systems Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- Ranked #1 Engineering Management Program in the nation by the American Society for Engineering Management (ASEM) in 1992, 1999, 2002, 2005-2012, 2014, 2016-2018
- Multidisciplinary program with in-depth instruction in management science, simulation, engineering design, data analytics, and six engineering electives of choice.
- Excellent undergraduate program that will prepare you for a diverse array of technical and contemporary graduate programs.
- The Engineering Management program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- Develops the technical, business, communication and leadership skills necessary to manage complex processes found in the military and private sector.
- Provides the foundation for advanced degrees in business, operations research, systems engineering, information systems management, engineering management, network systems management and more.
- Enrollment affords a membership opportunity with the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Major requires a total of only 40 courses allowing some cadets to pursue a minor or simply take extra courses in an area of academic interest outside of the SM major.
- The Systems and Decision Sciences program is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, http://msche.org.
- Incorporates math and systems engineering management problems to analyze and solve real-world problems
- Designed for cadets with strong mathematical abilities-apply quantitative methods to decision making across several disciplines
- Sponsored jointly by the Department of Mathematics
- Provides an introduction to the concept of "systems thinking" and the strategies leaders implement to solve problems, manage programs and make decisions in any military or business environment
- Solid engineering foundation for non-engineering majors
- Teaches critical thinking, decision making, and analysis skills
- Department Academic Advisors (DACs) are here to help those cadets interested in selecting a Department of Systems Engineering major or enrolling in the Core Systems Engineering Sequence.
West Point, NY 10996
All Systems GO!